Academic programs accreditation insures success for our students. Consistent accreditation proves our commitment to providing quality academic programs that prepare our students to meet both national and state standards. The School of Education is accredited by the:
The Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation advances excellence in educator preparation through evidence-based accreditation that assures quality and supports continuous improvement to strengthen P-12 student learning. CAEP was created by the consolidation of the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education and the Teacher Education Accreditation Council. It is a unified accreditation system intent on raising the performance of all providers focused on educator preparation.
Our initial and advanced teacher preparation programs meet current CAEP standards and are engaged in continuously improving our preparation programs in partnership with local schools and other stakeholders.
The arts education and music education programs have achieved national accreditation through their respective accrediting bodies, NASAD and NASM. As part of the rigorous CAEP accreditation process, our teaching programs in Elementary Education (ACEI), Science-Biology (NSTA), Social Science-History (NCSS) Special Education (CEC), and the school superintendent (ELCC/NELP) programs have also received national recognition status by their respective professional associations.
CAEP Accountability Measures
The following documents have been formatted for screen reader accessibility. If you have trouble accessing information on these documents, please email email@example.com for further assistance.
- List of Initial Licensure Programs
- List of Advanced-Level Programs
- Measure 1: Completer effectiveness and Impact on P-12 learning and development (Initial Licensure Programs)
- Measure 2: Satisfaction of Employers and Stakeholder Involvement (Initial and Advanced Licensure Programs)
- Measures 3: Candidate Competency at Program Completion (Initial and Advanced Licensure Programs)
- Measure 4: Ability of Completers to be Hired in Education Positions (Initial and Advanced Licensure Programs)