Saluki Teacher Residency Partnership (STRP)
The primary goal of the STRP is to bring together local educators from the schools and the university in a partnership with community mentors to recruit and support diverse teacher candidates from admission into the Teacher Education Program through their first two years of teaching.
The mission of Saluki Teacher Residency Partnership
The Saluki Teacher Residency Partnership recruits, prepares, and supports caring, committed, competent, and diverse teachers for students in Southern Illinois School Districts
- Early Childhood
- Special Education
- Secondary Math & Science
- English Language Arts
- Masters of Arts in Teaching M.A.T.
To learn more, contact us at email@example.com.
- Year-long residency in a local school
- Online coursework integrated into the clinical experience
- Provides an additional pathway to licensure
- Professional Learning Community
- Support from classroom mentors, instructional coaches, and a community mentor
- Continues support during the first two years of teaching
- Submit your application by February 1st
- You will be notified of your interview date
- Apply to Teacher Education Program
- Write your letter of interest explaining why you are interested in becoming a teacher and why the residency program would be a good fit for you.
- Obtain all transcripts
- Once you’ve gathered everything, upload your prepared documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Residency begins in August
Pedagogical Content Knowledge: Online coursework
Clinical Experience: 4 days per week + 1 day
Community of Practice: Additional Mentoring
- Cairo Unit SD 1
- Meridian CUSD 101
- Murphysboro CUSD 186
- Carbondale ES 95
- Carbondale HS 165
- Vienna HS 133