Illinois Tutoring Initiative
The Illinois Board of Higher Education and the Illinois State Board of Education are supporting a statewide tutoring initiative to address the learning needs of students. The Illinois Tutoring Initiative is based on High-Impact Tutoring Practices grounded in research from the National Student Support Accelerator.
High-Impact Tutoring Practices
- K-12 students meet with their tutors three times per week for an hour.
- Sustained and strong relationships develop over the course of 14 weeks.
- Students’ knowledge and skills are closely monitored through pre- and post-assessments.
- Tutoring sessions are an extension of the school curriculum.
- Tutors are trained through online modules and supported by an instructional coach.
Update: After these news articles were released, the hiring wages for ITI tutors increased from $20-$30 per hour to $50 per hour
SIU seeking tutors to help schoolchildren impacted by COVID pandemic.
The Illinois Tutoring Initiative is in the news!
SIU is looking for tutors for new statewide tutoring initiative to address learning loss.
The School of Education is seeking tutors for 3rd through 8th grade students in reading and mathematics. Those who are interested in being a tutor for this program should submit an application and must be available to tutor three times per week.
District administrators who are interested in participating in the Illinois Tutoring Initiative should contact Dr. Jessica Madden (email@example.com).